Last week we discussed the 4 simple steps to planning a custom staircase. Whether you choose to order a custom round staircase or a straight stair, it can be difficult to narrow down a selection. With endless styles and a variety of beautiful finishes, our team can create the perfect custom stairs to bring your unique vision to life. This week we take a closer look at the features of our most popular custom stair design styles.
In recent years, craftsman style homes and furnishings have grown in popularity. Like the homes they accent, craftsman staircases embrace the charm of simplicity. Featuring solid wood construction and clean lines, craftsman stairs complete the overall design of a craftsman style home. Features include:
- Solid wood box newels in stained or paint grade wood selections
- Variety of wood species including premium Cherry, Mahogany, and traditional Red or White Oak
- Simple square wooden balusters in a paint grade finish
- Panel baluster designs with straight lines and a smooth finish
Traditional staircase designs are a popular choice for those seeking a classic style. Available in both wood and metal, traditional stair designs offer versatility and elegance.
Wooden traditional staircase features include:
- Standard wood options such as Red Oak, White Oak, Cherry, Maple and Poplar
- Premium wood options including Mahogany, Brazilian Cherry, Hickory, and Walnut
- Newels and baluster designs in endless styles, from classic turned wood to fluted and reeded wooden milling enhancements
Traditional metal staircase designs feature:
- Tubular and solid newel and baluster designs
- Accents including twists, baskets, knuckles and plain bars
- Both smooth and hammered textures
- Stunning finish options including satin black, oil rubbed bronze, oil rubbed copper and satin clear
Leveraging complex skill and technique, our team designs beautiful modern staircases that exude the minimalistic aesthetic that modern design demands.
Features of modern custom staircases include:
- Mono-stringer and dual stringer options, cutting-edge designs for structural support
- Open rise treads that open up a space
- Clean glass baluster systems to beautifully complement wood or metal stairs
- Industrial and contemporary stainless steel bar baluster systems
- Cable rail, a high end and sleek look that has become a hot trend in recent years
Ornamental Metal Designs
Ornamental metal takes custom staircase handrail design to the next level. Designed by an industry-leading team and constructed by skilled artisan welders, hand forged handrail systems are a true work of art.
- Old world design with traditional elements
- Endless patterns from classic scrolls to expressive Tuscan designs
- Charming, vintage designs with antique styles and a modern feel
- Modern designs, from ornate and geometric patterns to horizontal bars that create bold, clean lines
Are you feeling inspired?
Visit our curved stairs and straight stairs project galleries for additional details and pictures of our exquisite projects. From inspiration to installation our team is committed to designing and building the highest quality custom staircases. Our reputation speaks for itself and client satisfaction is our highest priority. Contact us today to discuss your next custom stairs project.
Posted on behalf of Southern Staircase/Artistic Stairs
6025 Shiloh Road, Suite E
Alpharetta, GA, 30005
Phone: (888) 510-0342