This week, we look back to one of our favorite wrought iron projects: a unique custom stair designed for an Atlanta-based HGTV personality.
The staircase has evolved beyond just a means of transitioning between floors of a home or commercial space. A well-designed staircase makes a powerful aesthetic statement and serves as a fundamental element of architectural design.
This custom stair and wrought iron railing were designed to complement the Atlanta residence’s open floor plan. Creating a dramatic impression from the front entry, the stair’s paint grade risers and stained treads are striking and eye-catching. The wrought iron railing features beautiful Gothic curves which reflect the home’s architectural style while offering a sophisticated and unique feel.
The expanded width of the stair offers a feeling of grandness, reflecting the home’s monumental design. In addition to the increased tread width, the wrought iron railing system was designed to mount to the wall rather than the floor, enhancing both the size and impact of the custom stair system.
To successfully execute this project, our team partnered with the residential design team to bring the unique vision to life. How do we ensure that these collaborative projects go smoothly with on-time completion and quality construction? We utilize a proven turnkey process which includes:
- Start with the architectural plans. First, consider the floorplan. What type of custom stairs would offer the best fit and function? In this phase, our team will work collaboratively with the client to discuss stair options, from straight stairs to spiral stairs and everything between.
- Get inspired. In the second design phase, we discuss the unique style and feel we aim to reflect in the project. Some of our customers bring specific ideas and/or photos, while others are looking for style inspiration from our portfolio and showroom. Our team is here to provide as much design support as you’d like.
- Discuss product offerings. We are proud to offer vast construction capabilities and product offerings. Our customers may choose from limitless options, including but not limited to:
– Wood or metal stair carriages in mono, dual, or c-channel stringer configurations
– Custom wrought iron handrail, hand-forged by our ornamental metal team
– Modern stair systems featuring glass, stainless steel, and cable rail
– Rustic staircases with organic styles and textures
– Diverse wooden baluster systems of all styles
– Majestic curved staircases
- Drawings and renderings. To ensure a perfect fit and customer satisfaction, our team creates advanced CAD drawings and provides them for your approval.
- Staircase construction. Our experienced craftsmen build your stair and handrail system within our state-of-the-art facility, leveraging advanced technology and capabilities.
- On-time Installation. Following our turnkey approach, our skilled installation team delivers and installs the stair and handrail system. We are committed to meeting all project deadlines and providing the highest quality.
Are you inspired?
Visit our design tab and project galleries for additional details on our wrought iron and other exquisite projects. From inspiration to installation, our team is committed to designing and building the highest quality custom stairs. Our reputation speaks for itself and client satisfaction is our highest priority. Contact us today to discuss your next custom stairs project.