Thank you to all who participated in our latest stair design photo of the month competition. This month’s winning staircase comes from the state of Virginia. This beautiful project is a wooden straight staircase designed and constructed for a residence in Flint Hill, VA.
This project was a collaborative effort between our Alpharetta and DC team. First, Scott Kittle worked closely with the homeowner and architect to achieve this classic stair design. Then, the straight staircase was built by the Charlotte manufacturing team, installed by Matt Lowart, and the handrail was completed by Vitor Estequero from our DC office.
This staircase was constructed with white oak treads, stringers, and risers. The handrail system also included Georgian white oak with beautiful raised white oak box newels. The traditional metal balustrade finished the classic look achieved by pairing the wood and metal.
Straight Staircase Design Process
Clients are often surprised to learn the wide range of options they have when selecting a staircase. From traditional to modern, classic to contemporary, our straight staircases come in all styles, and our skilled craftsmen work with all materials including wood, glass, and metal. No matter your personal style, our award-winning team will bring your vision to life, providing a quality straight staircase that is not only functional, but beautiful as well.
With over 30 years of experience and clients from coast to coast, we have developed a proven, turn-key process that results in top quality products and smooth construction in each project. We support our clients through all aspects of design and delivery, and our team makes the process simple by walking you through each phase:
- Offering comprehensive design services with inspiration from our vast portfolio
- Performing measuring services to determine the type of straight stairs best for your space (L-shaped, U-shaped, scissor stairs, single stringer, or double stringer)
- Educating you on different material options and the benefits of each
- Providing CAD drawings, renderings, and mockups for your review to ensure that your staircase meets your expectations
- Helping you to select a handrail system to complement your staircase
- Discussing installation services and determining which option best fits your needs
- Ensuring that your staircase is code compliant
We are proud to leverage our extensive capabilities and experience to provide industry-leading straight staircases and accompanying handrail systems. As the single point of contact for a staircase construction project, we are committed to providing a cohesive design with flawless fit and finish.
Visit our straight staircase gallery for additional product photos and details.
Help Us Choose the Next Stair Design Photo of the Month
Thank you to all who voted in this month’s competition. Please help us choose next month’s featured project. View the latest submissions and vote for your favorite.